Friday, December 29, 2017

High Five

High Five card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this month's My Favorite Things star themed Blueprints challenge.  I used one of the sketches provided for the Blueprints 18 die set as the basis for this monochromatic masculine design.  Once I picked the "high five" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set, I knew I needed some number patterned paper for my card. After finding a piece in an old Studio Calico patterned paper pad, I cut it to size and adhered it to a linen card base.  I die cut the kraft panel using two of the Blueprints dies--one for the panel shape and one to add the dot detailing. The dots were backed with a strip of dark brown paper to set them off from the background.  I adhered the kraft panel to the top of the number patterned panel using foam tape. I used the set's stitched circle die to cut a circle from dark brown cardstock.  I placed the circle on the kraft panel, then added a pair of stars cut with the set's star die.  The center star is popped up with foam tape.   The "high five" sentiment was stamped in brown ink on a linen fishtail flag strip cut with another die from the set.  To finish the card, I positioned the sentiment on the kraft panel, tucking one end underneath the brown circle.

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Die-namics Blueprints 18 dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Fine Linen cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); Classic Calico Collection Vol. 2 6x6 paper pad (Studio Calico); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips