Saturday, December 9, 2017

Winter Warmth and Wishes

Warmest Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsThis wintery holiday card design is inspired by the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I CASE'd Janneke's design, using her color scheme, layout, and sentiment placement with my own twist.

Instead of using a single focal image, I clustered a trio of die cuts as a focal point.  The die cut hat and mittens were made with the Winter Warmth stamps and coordinating dies from My Favorite Things.  Each piece was cut from pale blue cardstock, then stamped with the patterned image in olive green pigment ink.  I arranged the images on a white panel, using foam tape for dimension. A piece of gray twine was looped between the mittens for added texture.  The "warmest wishes for a happy holiday" sentiment from the Hug in a Mug set was stamped at the bottom of the white panel in blue pigment ink.  After edging the panel with dark green cardstock, I adhered it to a blue card base that matched the die cut pieces.

Materials Used:
Winter Warmth and Hug in a Mug stamp sets, Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Winter Warmth dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Olive Grove ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lake House pigment ink (WPlus9); Always Artichoke cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gray twine (Hemptique); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips