Monday, February 12, 2018

Congratulations

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This one had me stumped for a while!  Eventually, I settled on using a pair of die cut champagne glasses as the center "piece" in the sketch.  I used foam tape to adhere the glasses over four silver stitched rectangle die cuts arranged on a black panel.  Originally I used gold rectangles, but the glasses blended in too much, so I replaced them with the silver ones.  The "congratulations" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set was stamped in gold ink on a Stitched Sentiment Strips die cut, then neat embossed to pop against the black background.  I used more foam tape to position it over the stems of the glasses.  The finished panel was matted on silver paper, then adhered to a black card base.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Die-namics Layered Champagne Glass and Stitched Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold and silver paper (Target); Stitched Rectangle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Zing Gold embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips