Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Hats Off

Hat's Off card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch. I kept things clean and simple, letting the coloring I did earlier this week as part of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge take center stage.  I stamped the line of outstretched arms from Avery Elle's Hats Off stamp set on a white cardstock panel and colored the image with a variety of Copic markers. 

I adhered the panel to a navy card base, then added a strip of gray cardstock across it, just beneath the image.  The set's "hat's off to you" sentiment was stamped on the gray strip in white pigment ink, then heat embossed in white to pop against the background.  For a bit of sparkle, I tucked a narrow strip of silver cardstock beneath the bottom edge of the sentiment strip.  To finish off the card, I stamped the mortarboard image on a scrap of cardstock and colored it, then carefully cut it out by hand so I could use foam tape to adhere it to the panel above the line of hands.

Materials Used:
Hats Off stamp set (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Recollections Silver cardstock and Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips