Monday, March 12, 2018

Hold Your Head High

Hold Your Head High card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  It's been a rough few weeks at my job, so I've been putting together encouraging cards like this one for some of my colleagues.  The focal image is one of the giraffes from MFT's Giraffing Me Crazy set.  I colored the giraffe with Copic markers, then cut the colored image out with the coordinating dies.  I used foam tape to adhere the giraffe image to a simple scene with a blue sky and green grass.  The "hold your head high" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel in black ink.  After matting the image panel on dark brown cardstock, I adhered it to a green patterned paper panel.  I accented the image with a trio of golden yellow pierced circles arranged around the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Die-namics Giraffing Me Crazy and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hello Fall 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips