Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Luv U Bots

Love U Bots card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
This month's Paper Smooches challenge is a great sketch.  I used the Paper Smooches Boom Bots set for my take on the layout.  I colored up one of the set's robots and a dog robot, too.  After cutting out the images with the matching Boom Bots Icons dies, I used foam tape to adhere them to a pale gray cardstock strip.  I matted the strip on darker gray cardstock, then adhered it to a pale gray panel over a strip of letter patterned paper.  The doodle-like letters were a nice match for the robot images.  The set's "love u bots" sentiment was stamped just beneath the image panel in black ink.  I decided to stamp the set's heart-filled speech bubble between the images in red ink to go with the sentiment.  I edged the right side of the light gray panel with a narrow strip of gray cardstock to match the cardstock I'd used for the mats beneath the image and patterned paper panels.  Once that was done, I adhered the finished panel to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Boom Bots stamp set, Boom Bots Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Salsa ink, Brick, Stone, and Lead cardstock (Reverse Confetti); A Boy's Life 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips