Monday, March 26, 2018

Over the Moon

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I thinnk this is one of those designs that looked better in my head than it did on paper ...

Over the Moon card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI started out by creating a space-like background panel with the help of  distress ink and water on a watercolor paper panel.  While that dried, I stamped and colored the moon image from the Space Explorers stamp set.  It was adhered to the background panel using foam tape for dimension.  To represent the layout's other two small elements, I stamped the set's star images on scraps of silver paper, then cut them out with the matching dies.  They're also adhered to the panel with foam tape.  I stamped the set's "I'm over the moon for you" sentiment on a silver cardstock strip in black ink, then edged it with a narrow strip of teal cardstock before adhering it to the panel with more foam tape.  It looked a little empty, so I added in a pair of silver glitter enamel dots next to each star.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating teal card base to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Space Explorer stamp set, Space Explorer dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); silver enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips