Saturday, March 10, 2018

What's the Buzz?

What's the Buzz? card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Honey Bee Stamps
I made this coffee themed design for the inaugural Honey Bee Stamps Buzzworthy challenge.  To play along, your project needed to feature one of Honey Bee's signature bee images.  My bee was a free-bee image I got with a purchase from Honey Bee.  I used the image to dress up the sleeve on the to go cup from the Coffee Break stamp set.  The bee was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and cut out.  I added a bit of sparkle to the bee's wings using a glitter brush pen, then added it to the colored and die cut cup with foam tape.

To go with the to go cup, I die cut a donut using the coordinating coffee break dies.  The sprinkles were heat embossed in white on a kraft "donut" base, then I lined up the die cut pink "icing" on top so that the stamped and embossed sprinkles showed through.  After stenciling a hexagon pattern on to a pale pink card base using pink distress ink, I added the cup and donut on top, using foam tape for dimension.  Some silver thread looped around behind the images added a fun detail.  I stamped the "what's the buzz?" sentiment from the Perfect Blend set to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Coffee Break and Perfect Blend stamp sets, Coffee Break dies (Honey Bee Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spun Sugar distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Snow embossing powder, silver cord (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips