Monday, April 16, 2018

I'm Over the Moon for You

I'm Over the Moon for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I went with a space themed design using MFT's Space Explorer stamps and dies.

I colored up the set's astronaut with balloons for my focal image.  After coloring the image with Copic markers, I used the matching die to cut out the image.  I made a background for it by adhering a large yellow circle/moon to a dark blue card base.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the moon is debossed with a polka dotted pattern to give it a crater-like look.  I added the astronaut image on top, using foam tape for dimension. The set's "I'm over the moon for you" sentiment was stamped on a narrow red cardstock strip and adhered to the cardfront.  A trio of gold glitter enamel dot "stars" were arranged above and below the sentiment strip to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Space Explorer stamp set, Space Explorer dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy, Crushed Curry, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); gold glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips