Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Sending You a Smile

Sending You a Smile card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Honey Bee Stamps
Here's my card for the current Honey Bee Stamps Buzzworthy challenge.  The challenge theme is watercolor and I'm the first to admit that watercolor is not my most favorite medium!  I gave it a go here, using a watercolor set to create a gradient background for a sentiment. 

I went with shades of greens and blues, masking the panel for clean edges.  Once the panel dried, I added narrow silver cardstock strips at the top and bottom of the watercolored section.  I die cut  "smile" from both teal cardstock and craft foam, then layered the pieces for dimension. I even managed to keep track of the dot for the "i"!  The layered word was adhered to the watercolored section.  I stamped the "sending you a" sentiment from the Smile stamp set just above the die cut to complete the sentiment.  A trio of teal dots were arranged around the sentiment as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a teal card base to match the sentiment. 

Materials Used:
Smile stamp set, Smile die (Honey Bee Stamps); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock, watercolor set (Michaels); teal enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); craft foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips