Monday, April 9, 2018

HB2U

HB2U card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge ended up being clean and simple--and stamp-free!  I used MFT's Tag Talk dies to put together this gender neutral birthday card design.

I built the design on a green card base.  After cutting a multicolored striped patterned paper panel on an angle, I adhered it to the bottom of the card base. I edged the patterned panel with a strip of aqua cardstock for contrast and a clean transition from the patterned paper to the solid background.  The "hb2u" tag was cut from golden yellow card base.  I backed the tag with a piece of aqua cardstock to fill in the negative space.  After threading some gray twine through the hole in the tag, I used foam tape to adhere the tag to the cardfront.  I accented it with a trio of green enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Sour Apple cardstock, Fun and Frolic 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Tag Talk dies (My Favorite Things); Hawaiian Shores and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); gray twine (Hemptique); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips