Monday, April 30, 2018

Smile

Smile It's Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create another birthday card for my stash.

I usually wouldn't end up using a floral pattern like this one on my designs, but it works perfectly here.  I covered most of a berry card base with the floral pattern, then topped the patterned panel with an angled pale gray panel I created by doing some creative die cutting with one of MFT's Stitched Basic Edges dies.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I used foam tape to adhere the gray panel to set it off from the floral pattern.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "smile" from the Double the Smiles die set from teal cardstock and craft foam. The pieces were layered for dimension, then adhered to the gray panel.  I stamped the birthday sentiment from the coordinating All Smiles stamp set beneath it in matching teal-ish ink.  The sentiment ended up being a little bit more off-center than I'd intended it to be, so I balanced it out by arranging a trio of teal enamel dots around the words.

Materials Used:
All Smiles stamp set, Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Double the Smiles and Stitched Basic Edges dies (My Favorite Things); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); Tropical Teal and Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Just Be You 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); teal enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); craft foam; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips