Monday, April 2, 2018

What's Up, Dog?

What's Up, Dog? card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout's square opening to make a simple outdoor scene featuring one of the dogs from the You Make My Tail Wag stamp set.

I colored the dog image with Copic markers and cut out the colored image with the matching die.  For the scene's background, I adhered a strip of Factory Green cardstock to the bottom of a piece of Sno Cone cardstock, then cut out a square using one of the dies from the Square Shaker Window and Frame die set.  To hide the seam between the blue and green papers, I adhered a white picket fence die cut where the two papers met. The dog was added on top, peeking over the fence, with foam tape.  I adhered the scene to a Sno Cone card base, then added a Factory Green panel with a window opening for the scene on top, using foam tape for dimension. To set off the scene, I framed the window opening with a kraft frame.  The "what's up, dog?" sentiment from the Lucky Dog stamp set was stamped on a kraft fishtail flag strip and adhered just beneath the scene to finish the card.

Materials Used:
You Make My Tail Wag and Lucky Dog stamp sets, Factory Green and Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics You Make My Tail Wag, Square Shaker Window and Frame, and Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Picket Fence Border die (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips