Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Waving Hello

Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I combined the sketch with this month's Reverse Confetti "Stock Your Stash" theme, which is hello/just because cards.  Since it's summer, I decided to go with a beachy themed design featuring RC's Seaside stamp set.

Waving Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
The set's whale is my focal image. I used my MISTI to stamp the image so I could easily double stamp the image for nice, solid coverage.  The image was cut out with the matching die and embellished with a teeny, tiny self-adhesive pearl as an eye.  To go with the whale, I found some wavy patterned paper from RC's Forever My Love paper pad.  After using one of the Pop Up Circle dies to cut a partial circle from the patterned panel, I edged it with a narrow strip of shimmery silver paper, then adhered it to an Iced Aqua card base. The whale was positioned in the cut out space, using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "waving hello" sentiment was stamped beneath the round opening in navy pigment ink.  I accented the die cut space with a trio of aqua enamel dots to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Seaside stamp set, Iced Aqua cardstock, Forever My Love 6x6 paper pad, Seaside and Pop Up Circle dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); aqua enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips