Friday, August 24, 2018

Celebrate Your Day

Celebrate Your Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
Here's my take on this week's challenge at Global Design Project.  I CASE'd Janneke's design, using a similar layout, color scheme, and floral elements. 

For my version, I used Avery Elle's Sentimental set to create the sentiment panel, bringing in the hand-lettered style of the sentiment on Janneke's card.  I stamped "celebrate your day" in purple ink on a white oval, then adhered the oval to a purple label die cut.  To accent the panel, I stamped up a bunch of flowers and leaves using AE's Fabulous Florals stamps, then arranged a few at the lower left edge of the sentiment panel.  I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment panel to a white stitched rectangle with a contrasting strip of purple cardstock across it. The stitching around the panel's edges was a nod to the decorative element along the bottom edge of the white panel in Janneke's design.  I used foam tape to adhere the panel to a purple card base to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Sentimental and Fabulous Florals stamp sets, Fabulous Floral dies (Avery Elle); Memento Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly, and Bamboo Leaves inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Elegant Eggplant cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stitched Rectangle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Labels 18 and Ovals dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips