Saturday, August 25, 2018

Keeping Christmas: August 2018


It's time for the August installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  For this month, I created a festive holiday design using stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti.

Bring on the Merry card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse ConfettiI built my design on a piece of patterned paper from an older holiday paper collection.  The retro look of the pattern was a nice match for what I had in mind.  I stamped the "bring on the merry" sentiment from RC's Bring on the Merry set in gold ink on a red circle, then heat embossed the text so it would pop against the background.  I adhered the circle to the left side of the patterned panel.  To go with the sentiment, I used RC's Clink dies along with vellum and gold paper to create a pair of liquid-filled glasses.  They were adhered to the panel using foam tape.  I arranged a trio of gold sequins around them as an accent.  The panel was matted on gold paper, then adhered to a red card base.

Don't miss what the rest of our team has created to inspire you to get a head start on your holiday card making!  There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's where to find the team members:




Materials Used:

Bring on the Merry stamp set, Clink dies (Reverse Confetti); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); vellum (My Favorite Things); Winter Time-Red Swirls designer paper (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); Zing! Gold embossing powder (American Crafts); gold sequins; foam tape

6 comments:

  1. I love this darling card! Your mod papers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card, Lori! Love the fabulous retro feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your sweet retro card...just beautiful! The images remind of when I was little! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful retro card, Lori! I love the drinks with their tilted liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classy. retro in look to me which i think is very classy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love how you used the gold for the liquid in the glasses!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips