Thursday, August 16, 2018

Have a Ball

Have a Ball card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is to feature your favorite place.  I went with my dog's favorite place--the dog park!  When she was a puppy, we spent many hours there, running and playing with her dog park buddies.  Now that she's older and has a doggie sibling who is not a big fan of people or unfamiliar environments and who gets car sick on even short trips, we don't get there much anymore ...

To create my dog park scene, I mixed and matched images from two classic Lawn Fawn sets, Critters at the Dog Park and Critters in the 'Burbs.  The dog is from the Critters at the Dog Park set. Even though it's not the same breed as my Chloe the cutie puppy (a goldendoodle), I colored it up with markers in shades similar to Chloe's fluff.  The tree came from the Critters in the 'Burbs set.  After cutting out the colored pieces, I arranged them on a background made from a panel that I inked with distress inks and a cloud stencil at the top.  The bottom is a simple stitched hill die cut.  To fill in the scene, I added a sun, die cut with a die from the Spring Showers die set, and a tiny tennis ball.  The "have a ball" sentiment from the Sweet Smiles set was stamped beneath the images in black ink.  I adhered the finished panel to a cheery yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Critters at the Dog Park, Critters in the 'Burbs, and Sweet Smiles stamp sets, Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken China distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock, Mini Cloud Edges stencil (My Favorite Things); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card, I really like that background. And your coloring is really nice. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome!! LOVE that you made a card for your dog's favorite place!!!! so adorable!! and what a lucky pup! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips