Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Shoot for the Stars

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge. I combined the sketch with the galaxy element from the challenge inspiration photo to create this encouraging design that will make its way to a friend's daughter who will be starting fifth grade soon.

Shoot for the Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My background was created by blending a bunch of different distress inks on watercolor paper.  I dribbled a bit of water on the inked panel, then blotted the water with a paper towel to add interest.  I made the layout's round element into a moon by cutting a circle from shimmery white paper and debossing it with a polka dot embossing folder.  The circle was adhered to the lower right side of the background panel.  I stamped the "shoot for the" sentiment from the My Favorite Things Count the Stars stamp set on the debossed circle in navy ink.  To finish the sentiment, I die cut the word "stars" from silver cardstock and craft foam. After layering the pieces, I adhered them beneath the stamped text to complete the sentiment.  To go with the sentiment, I arranged a bunch of silver glitter enamel dot "stars" in clusters around the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a  coordinating eggplant card base.

Materials Used:
Count the Stars stamp set, Stars and Wishes dies (My Favorite Things); Faded Jeans, Picked Raspberry, Stormy Sky, Wilted Violet, and Black Soot distress inks (Ranger); Elegant Eggplant cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); craft foam

4 comments:

  1. Lori, your galaxy background is beautiful and a great choice of colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your galaxy background is gorgeous, Lori! Such a beautiful color palette and I love how you combined the sketch with the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful galaxy background! Very pretty card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous background Lori! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips