Friday, August 31, 2018

The Caramel Apple of My Eye

The Caramel Apple of My Eye card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is coffee, tea, and treats.  I just got Lawn Fawn's new Caramel Apple set and couldn't wait to ink it up, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity!  I'm not a big pumpkin spice--or pumpkin anything--fan, but I can get on board with caramel apples... I stamped a pair of caramel apples and colored them with Copic markers, then used my Scan n' Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  They were adhered to a white pierced circle die cut that I fished out of my leftovers pile. 

The plaid patterned paper panel also came from my leftovers pile.  The color scheme was perfect for my design! After wrapping the panel with orange satin ribbon and securing it with some twine, I adhered the patterned piece to a golden yellow card base.  I topped the patterned piece with the image panel, then stamped the "you're the caramel apple" sentiment to the left of the circle. To finish the sentiment, I stamped "of my eye" on a very narrow strip of golden yellow cardstock, then adhered the words to the cardfront at the bottom of the image panel, using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Caramel Apple stamp set, Perfectly Plaid-Fall 6x6 paper pad, twine (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and VersaFine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); orange satin ribbon; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. So so sweet - love the colours, especially the ribbon and twine!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips