Saturday, September 1, 2018

Cheers to You

Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  With this weekend marking the unofficial last weekend of the summer, I had to go with a summery look and feel for my card.  My focal image is the coconut shell drink, complete with umbrella, from Reverse Confetti's Mahalo stamp set.  I stamped the outline image in black ink, then filled it in with the matching images using different colors of pigment inks.  After cutting out the image with the matching die, I used foam tape to adhere it to a lime green card base with a wide lime green patterned paper strip across it.  I stamped the set's "cheers to you" sentiment in white pigment ink on bright pink cardstock, then heat embossed the words with white embossing powder so they'd pop against the background.  I tucked a narrow strip of pink cardstock matching the sentiment strip beneath the bottom edge of the patterned paper strip. This final teeny, tiny pop of pink really helped to tie everything together.

Materials Used:
Mahalo stamp set, Lime Green cardstock, Cue the Confetti 6x6 paper pad, Mahalo dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black. Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, Dandelion, Rich Cocoa, and Rose Bud inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the tropical drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love! This colours and the image you've used make for one fun card! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips