Monday, August 6, 2018

You're in My Thoughts

Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Stamp Market
Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I created a mostly monochromatic card featuring a beautiful butterfly image from The Stamp Market.

The butterfly from the Papillon set was stamped in blue and black inks, then die cut with the matching die.  To get a dimensional look, I die cut the butterfly shape a second time, this time from vellum.  I layered the two die cuts, attaching them at the center (body) only and folding the vellum wings up.  So pretty!  I adhered the butterfly to a silver circle.  For the background, I adhered a blue patterned paper panel on a light blue card base, then added a darker blue cardstock strip on top.  The colors are a pretty close match to those I used on the butterfly image.  The round image panel was positioned over the darker blue cardstock strip.  The sentiment combines a die cut word (friend from the Scripty Hello die set) with a stamped phrase (from the Hello Hello) stamp set.

Materials Used:
Papillon and Hello Hello stamp sets, Papillon and Scripty Hello dies (The Stamp Market); Memento Summer Sky, Bahama Blue, and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts) Bashful Blue and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); white vellum (My Favorite Things); Nana's Kitchen Matstack (DCWV); circle die (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Lori! Love all of the beautiful shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips