Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Make a Wish or Two

Make a Wish or Two card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The theme for the current My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is clean and simple birthday designs.  This one is right up my alley!  MFT's Tag Talk die set is one of my favorites for CAS designs, so I pulled it out for my card. 

This design is actually a modified version of one of the cards I created for MFT's second Summer School session a few weeks ago.  I used a different color palette--a vivid mix of yellow, orange, and aqua--instead of a monochromotic one for this design. Since I knew I wanted to use a stamped sentiment along with the tag die cut, I picked the yellow for my card base.  After adhering orange and aqua cardstock strips across the card base, I added the "HB2U" tag on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The "make a wish or two" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set was stamped beneath the tag in aqua ink.  A trio of orange enamel dots arranged around the tag gave the design a festive touch while still keeping things clean and simple.

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Lemon Drop, Orange Zest, and Blu Raspberry cardstock, Tag Talk dies (My Favorite Things); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); turquoise grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); orange enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips