Monday, October 15, 2018

Stuff Happens

Stuff Happens card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  My interpretation is a pretty loose one, but if you look closely, I think you can see how the sketch inspired me! 

I die cut 6 cookies using the You're the Milk to My Cookies dies, using kraft for the cookies and dark brown cardstock for the "chips."  The cookies were arranged on a large silver pierced rectangle die cut.  After matting the silver panel on brown cardstock to match the color of the chips in the cookies, I adhered it to a kraft card base.  The "Stuff happens.  Cookies help." sentiment was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow red fishtail flag strip, then heat embossed to pop against the background before layering the contrasting strip of text over the cookies.

Materials Used:
Cookie Crumbs stamp set, You're the Milk to My Cookies, Pierced Rectangle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips