Monday, October 8, 2018

You Deserve a Treat

You Deserve a Treat card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsHere's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I kept things clean and simple with this dog-themed design.  My focal image is the sweet dotty dog from the Good Friends stamp set.  I colored him up with Copic markers, shading the body just a bit, then used the coordinating die to cut out the colored image.  To go with the dotted dog, I found a dotted patterned paper to place behind the image.  After cutting the panel with a large pierced rectangle die, I adhered it to a blue card base on an angle.  The colors of the patterned paper and the card base match much better IRL than in the photo, I promise...The dog was adhered on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you deserve a treat" sentiment on a narrow red fishtail flag strip, then positioned it on the cardfront, tucking the straight edge beneath the raised image.

Materials Used:
Good Friends and Dog-Gone Awesome stamp sets, Sno Cone cardstock, Good Friends, Pierced Rectangle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Front Porch 6x6 paper pad (Pebbles); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips