Saturday, November 10, 2018

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  As soon as I saw it, I knew the layout would be perfect for showcasing one of the big-eared bunny images from The Cat's Pajamas that I'd colored up earlier this week as part of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

I cut out the colored image from the Santa Is Coming set using my Scan 'n Cut machine.  For texture, I added a bit of white flock to the bunny's hat.  The image is framed by a red stitched circle backed with a pale gray panel.  I matted the red panel on silver cardstock, then adhered it to a contrasting black card base.  The "may your days be merry and bright" sentiment was stamped just beneath the window in black ink.

Materials Used:
Santa Is Coming stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Silver cardstock (Recollections); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips