Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sending Warm and Cozy Hugs

Sending Warm & Cozy Hugs card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  The Winter Wear set from Concord & 9th is new to my collection and I knew the layout's large panel would be great for showcasing this set!

I stamped the hat and scarf on a separate piece of paper and colored the images with Copic markers, then cut them out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  The machine cut off the ends of some of the tassels on the scarf, so next time I need to remember to draw a pencil line connecting them so they'll be fully cut..  After stamping and coloring the face image on another panel, I added the accessories using foam tape for dimension.  The pom pom on the hat was coated with a bit of white flock to add some texture.  I matted the panel on red cardstock, then adhered it to a coordinating blue dotted panel.  For a wintery sparkle, I layered the patterned panel on silver paper before adhering it to a red card base.  The set's "sending warm and cozy hugs" sentiment was stamped in red ink on an aqua pierced oval die cut.  It was adhered to the bottom left corner of the image panel, overlapping the patterned paper, too.

Materials Used:
Winter Wear stamp set (Concord & 9th); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Sunshine-Sunshine Words designer paper (Echo Park); Pierced Oval STAX dies (My Favorite Things); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a charming image! I love the colors and the cute sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips