Monday, December 17, 2018

You Give Me the Feels

You Give Me the Feels card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my clean and simple card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This one came together quickly with MFT's Pierced STAX dies.  I cut a pierced heart from red cardstock and a pierced rectangle from silver cardstock.  After adhering the heart to the silver rectangle, I arranged the pieces on a red cardstock panel the same color as the heart. The "you give me the feels" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow gray strip rescued from my scrap pile--it was just the right width for the text!  So that the words would pop, I heat embossed them in white, then used foam tape to adhere the strip over the heart.  The finished panel was adhered to a gray card base to match the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Pierced Rectangle STAX and Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Silver and Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips