Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Sip, Sip, Hooray!

Sip Sip Hooray card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project is sparkle and shine.  One of my colleagues celebrated a birthday recently and I knew that the new Wine Glass Shaker Window and Frame would be perfect for a sparkly birthday design for her.

For my first sparkly element, I cut the glass frame from silver cardstock.  The shaker window opening was cut into a white cardstock panel with a strip of elegant black and gray striped paper along the bottom.  I positioned the glass on top, leaving room for the sentiment on the right side of the panel.  I combined the "sip, sip, hooray" sentiment from the Uncorked stamp set with bits and pieces of several sentiments from the Essential Sentiments and More Essential Sentiments sets to come up with my birthday greeting.  After filling the shaker pouch with some pretty rose gold sequins, I assembled the card, using a silver mat beneath the white panel, then adhering the layers to a black card base.

Materials Used:
Uncorked, Essential Sentiments, and More Essential Sentiments stamp sets. Wine Glass Shaker Window and Frame dies, Wine Glass Shaker pouch (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Basic Black cardstock, designer paper (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Rose Gold sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips