Monday, January 28, 2019

Thanks a Ton

Thanks a Ton card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I made a sweet thank you card featuring the big elephant from the Jungle Friends die set.  I cut the elephant's body from gray cardstock, then cut the ear from contrasting gray dotted patterned paper.  After adding some die cut grasses to the light blue pierced circle background panel, I added the elephant on top, using foam tape for dimension.

I edged the left side of a celery green card base with a piece of patterned paper full of the colors found on my image panel.  A narrow Factory Green cardstock strip sets the patterned paper piece off from the card base.  I added the image panel on top, then threaded a kraft Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut stamped with the "thanks a ton" sentiment from the Sweet Safari set beneath the image to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Sweet Safari stamp set, Cement Gray and Factory Green cardstock, Jungle Friends, Pierced Circle STAX and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Certainly Celery and Soft Sky cardstock, designer paper (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); black enamel dot (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips