Thursday, January 17, 2019

You Are Brave

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (butterfly images, watercolor feel, and color scheme) to put together this simple design.

Be Brave card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
I made my butterfly with the Papillon stamps and dies from The Stamp Market.  The butterfly was stamped in purple ink, then I added the details in black and blue.  I die cut a second butterfly from white vellum.  The vellum was adhered just at the center of the stamped image (the butterfly's body), then the wings were folded up to give the appearance of motion. I used foam tape to place the butterfly image at the bottom of a rounded square panel.  The "be brave" sentiment from the Essentials By Ellen Be Strong stamp set was stamped in the upper right corner of the panel in pale purple ink.  After matting the panel on purple cardstock, I adhered it to a blue card base with a strip of soft blue, purple, and green patterned paper along the left side.

Materials Used:
Papillon stamp set, Papillon dies (The Stamp Market); Be Strong stamp set (Essentials by Ellen); Lulu Lavender, Bahama Blue, and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Winter Wisteria cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); white vellum (The Paper Company); Echo 6x6 paper pad (Memory Box); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Great fusion of sketch and photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips