Friday, January 18, 2019

So Happy that We Are Friends

So Happy that We Are Friends card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used several elements from Shawn's inspiration card, including the layout, leafy branches, and square sentiment panel, as the starting point for my design.

I generally don't use much purple in my designs, but I've been turning to it a lot more lately.  Here, I used purple on both flowers (from Reverse Confetti's Blooms 'n Buds stamp set), the stenciled dots at the bottom of the panel, and as panels on my cardfront.  I did the stenciling first, then added a purple cardstock strip along the top of the stenciled area.  After stamping the friendship themed sentiment from RC's The Most Beauty stamp set in purple (again!) I matted the stamped panel on a square die cut, then layered the piece on the stenciled panel.  The flowers were leftovers that I'd made for another project but ended up not using. They worked perfectly here with a bit of foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the leafy branches in green pigment ink on green cardstock and cut out the stamped pieces. They were tucked underneath the raised flowers.  The panel was matted on purple cardstock, then adhered to an easy to write on white card base.

Materials Used:
Blooms 'n Buds  and The Most Beauty stamp sets, Blooms 'n Buds dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, Memento Lulu Lavender, Grape Jelly, and Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Grass pigment ink (Avery Elle); Amethyst Allure, Winter Wisteria, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Square Swatches dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips