Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Happy Bear-thday

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a sweet birthday card using the Beary Special Birthday stamp set.

Happy Bear-thday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is set's the gift and balloon-holding bear image.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with the matching die, then used foam tape to adhere the image to a white pierced circle die cut.  After matting the image panel on a slightly larger pink circle, I adhered it to a lemon yellow card base with a strip of festive dotted patterned paper across the center.  With the balloon in the focal image representing one of the sketch's two smaller circles, I needed another small round element to complete the card.  For that, I inked up just the balloon image a second time and used a fine tip pen to add a string.  Once I'd colored the image, I cut it out and adhered it to the panel behind the raised bear image.  The set's "happy bear-thday" sentiment was stamped on a narrow pink cardstock strip and adhered to the left of the balloons.  A trio of pink enamel dots arranged around the image panel finished the design.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday stamp set, Beary Special Birthday and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Pale Peony and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); __6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); pink matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips