Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happy Heart Day

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I made an easy to mail card for Valentine's Day using stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti.

Happy Heart Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I built my monochromatic design on a pale pink card base.  A panel of pink on pink polka dotted patterned paper was positioned at the bottom.  I added a narrow bright pink cardstock strip along the top left side of the dotted panel and stamped the "happy heart" day sentiment from the Patterned Hearts set directly on the strip in black ink.  One of my favorite pattern combinations is dots and stripes, so I used the set's striped heart as my focal image.  It was stamped in pink pigment ink on white cardstock using my MISTI to get a nice, crisp impression.  The heart was cut with the matching die, then layered on to a silver mat using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the layered pieces to the top right side of the patterned paper panel to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Patterned Hearts stamp set, Patterned Hearts dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Rose Bud and Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock, pink dotted patterned paper (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips