Friday, February 8, 2019

It's Your Day

The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is presents.  I have a lot of MFT stamps in my collection, but not many featuring presents!  I was able to find some in the Happy Hippos set, so I went with that for my card for the challenge.

It's Your Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the hippo and the balloons using Copic markers, then cut out the colored images using my Scan 'n Cut machine.  It just so happens that the colors match the current Color Throwdown challenge--check that out here!  I used foam tape to adhere the hippo to an oval panel, then tucked the balloons behind the raised image.  To go with the image, I found some orange on orange patterned paper.  I cut a rectangle of the paper and adhered it to an orange card base.  For contrast, I used a pierced fishtail flag die to cut a yellow strip that I adhered diagonally across the dotted panel.  The oval image panel was added on top.  I stamped the set's "it's your day" sentiment on an orange fishtail flag die cut and positioned it on the cardfront just beneath the raised hippo image to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Happy Hippos stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX, Pierced Oval STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Oh Baby! Girl-Gracie designer paper (Basic Grey); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips