Sunday, March 31, 2019

You Deserve a Break

You Deserve a Break card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used the layout's large panel to make a simple scene featuring one of the images from the Friends at First Sip set from My Favorite Things.  The image is one that I had colored the image last month as part of February's Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.  I used a ruler and fine tip pen to draw in the sidewalk at the bottom of the panel, then colored it with Copic markers.  The clouds were added in with a stencil and distress ink.  I adhered the background to a light blue card base, positioning a narrow red cardstock strip right where the edge of the background meets the cardfront.  The image was positioned on the scene using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you deserve a break" sentiment from the Coffee Break stamp set on a red fishtail flag strip, then adhered the strip to the top left side of the scene above the image to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Friends at First Sip and Coffee Break stamp sets, Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies, Cloud stencil (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Red Punch and Ocean cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips