Monday, April 1, 2019

You Spin Me Round

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I've had the Greatest Hits stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs for a while now and as soon as I saw the sketch, I knew the record would work perfectly for the layout. 

You Spin Me Round card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I cut the record out of black cardstock, then added the labels at the center using contrasting red and silver cardstock.  I adhered the assembled die cut disc to the top of a white cardstock panel, then added the record player arm using foam tape for dimension.  The "you spin me round like a record" sentiment was stamped on a narrow strip of red cardstock.  I used more foam tape to position it over the record and arm.  The panel was matted on silver cardstock, then adhered to a black card base.

Materials Used:
Greatest Hits stamp set, Greatest Hits dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Silver cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card - fabulous use of the sketch. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love your die choices for this sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun - I love it! What a perfect sentiment for the die cut. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips