Saturday, April 27, 2019

Birthday Pandamonium

Here's my card for the current Global Design Project challenge.  I used the sketch to make a simple and sweet birthday card featuring one of the pandas from Mama Elephant's Pandamonium stamp set.

Birthday Pandamonium card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Mama Elephant
The panda image was stamped with VersaFine Clair ink.  This ink gives a super crisp and dark image, which is perfect for my black and white panda.  After cutting out the image with the matching die, I used foam tape to adhere it to a light blue cardstock panel.  The image panel was filled in with a stamped balloon string and an orange balloon, both stamped with the same black ink.  I edged the panel with what looks like a scalloped strip.  It's actually the top edge of a heart border--the tops of the hearts make a perfect scalloped edge!  The panel was adhered to a peachy orange floral patterned paper panel matted on an orange card base matching my "scalloped" border strip and the balloon in the panda's hand.  To finish the card, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from the Girlfriends stamp set on a narrow strip of the same orange cardstock and adhered it to the image panel with foam tape, overlapping the panda image just a bit.

Materials Used:
Pandamonium and Girlfriends stamp sets, Pandamonium dies (Mama Elephant); Versafine Clair Onyx ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sugar Shoppe 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design) foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips