Friday, April 26, 2019

You Are Wonderful

You Are Wonderful card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my simple design for this month's Mix it Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme and leafy elements) for my card.  I built the design on a pale gray card base.  The top portion of the card was covered with an angled strip of yellow leafy patterned paper.  For contrast, I edged the angled side with a narrow strip of green cardstock before using foam tape to adhere the panel to the top of the cardfront.  I  die cut the word "you" from coral cardstock and craft foam using SPD's You die, then layered the pieces for dimension. The word was positioned along the slanted edge of the patterned panel.  I stamped "are wonderful" from the coordinating You stamp set beneath the word in coral distress oxide. This is the first time I've used a distress oxide to stamp a sentiment and I really like how vibrant the color is against the soft background.  I'll have to remember that...

Materials Used:
You stamp set, You dies (SugarPea Designs); Abandoned Coral distress oxide (Ranger); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); New Leaf cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Cameo Coral cardstock (Stampin' Up!); craft foam; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Love the simplicity of the card. Love the bold yellow with just a hint of the green and pink! So summery! Thanks for playing along with the Mix It Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips