Saturday, April 13, 2019

Happy Birthday

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used a layout and color scheme that are similar to those in the inspiration card for my birthday themed take on the challenge.  You can never have too many birthday cards in your stash, right?

Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
For my focal image, I used dies from Lil' Inker Designs to cut a party hat and some balloons from cardstock scraps.  The festive elements were arranged on a pale aqua stitched oval.  After backing the oval with a silver stitched circle die cut that I cut in half, I adhered it to a white stitched rectangle die cut.  The "happy birthday" sentiment from LID's Mom and Dad Sentiments set fit perfectly beneath the stitched detailing at the sides of the rectangle.  I centered the stitched rectangle on a panel of aqua striped patterned paper.  The patterned paper was matted on yellow cardstock, then adhered to a darker aqua card base.  A tiny blue crystal in the center of the party hat's pom pom completed the design.

Materials Used:
Mom and Dad Sentiments stamp set, Balloons, Party Hats, Stitched Circle, Stitched Oval, and Stitched Rectangle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Bright Buttercup cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); blue crystal (Kaisercraft); white linen thread; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips