Saturday, April 20, 2019

In My Thoughts

Here's my take on the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used one of Lawn Fawn's spring releases in a pastel, spring-like color palette for my sweet design.

You Are in My Thoughts card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I colored up the bunny and one of the butterflies from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored images.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I gave the bunny a little texture by adding some white flock to its belly and tail.  The images were adhered to a simple sky/grass scene using foam tape.  I stamped the butterfly's flight trail on the panel in blue ink that's just a shade or two darker than the background to give a feeling of motion.  After matting the panel on purple cardstock to coordinate with the butterfly image, I adhered it to a blue card base over a pair of narrow light green cardstock strips.  The set's "you are in my thoughts" sentiment was stamped just beneath the image panel in the same blue ink as I used for the flight trail to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Butterfly Kisses stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sprinkles ink (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Spring Moss and Winter Wisteria cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grass border punch (Fiskars); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is one sweet bunny! Charming card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little guy's expression is so sweet!! I love how you placed the focus on him looking at that tiny butterfly. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips