Thursday, April 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas-April 2019




It's time for the March installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  I paired an adorable holiday image from The Cat's Pajamas with the current Mojo Monday sketch for my contribution to today's holiday hop.

Bright and Sparkling Holiday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's PajamasThe big-eared bunny image is from the Santa Is Coming set.  I colored it up with Copic markers and cut it out with my Scan 'n Cut machine before adding some white flock for texture on the bunny's Santa hat.  The image was adhered to a large white circle using foam tape.  I stamped the holiday sentiment from the All Is Bright stamp set to the left of the image in Versafine Clair ink--my favorite for crisp sentiments!  The two patterned strips behind the bunny image are from a summer paper collection, but the pattern reminded me of twinkling lights, so I thought it would work well here.  Love when I can stretch my supplies like that!  I matted the strips on green paper and adhered them to a lighter green cardstock panel over a wide sparkly silver strip.  The image panel was matted on a slightly larger scalloped circle, then adhered to the green panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a green card base matching the cardstock I used to mat the patterned paper panels.

Don't miss what the rest of our team has created to inspire you to get a head start on your holiday card making!  There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's where to find the team members:






Materials Used:

Santa Is Coming and All Is Bright stamp sets (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Green Parakeet and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Summer Days-Quilt designer paper (Echo Park); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori such a cute card! I love that bunnies car, the light bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling, Lori! I think I need that bunny stamp in life! Love what you did with the Mojo sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable...this one had me laughing, just that sweet car!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips