Monday, April 22, 2019

What's Up?

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I used the layout's large oval panel to create a simple sky/grass background for one of the giraffes from the Giraffing My Crazy set.  I cut ovals from light blue and olive green cardstock using one of the Pierced Oval STAX dies, then trimmed down the green one and punched the top with a grass border punch before positioning the grass-topped green piece at the bottom of the blue oval.  The oval was adhered to the center of a golden yellow card base.  I stamped one of the giraffe images and colored it with Copic markers, using a golden yellow shade similar to the cardfront.  After cutting out the colored image with the coordinating die, I used foam tape to adhere the image to the background panel.  The scene was missing something, so I added a pair of shimmery white clouds cut with dies borrowed from the Meant to Bee die set.  I used one of the Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies to cut a pair of kraft strips.  I stamped the sentiment on one and left the other blank. They were adhered to the cardfront and accented with a trio of green enamel dots, bringing in another round element to go with the spotted giraffe.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set, Factory Green cardstock, Giraffing Me Crazy, Meant to Bee, Pierced Oval STAX, and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold, Spring Rain, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); olive green enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips