Tuesday, May 28, 2019

CAS Colours and Sketches - Challenge #323


I am so excited to be joining the team at CAS Colours & Sketches as a guest designer for the month of May!  This week's challenge is a great sketch that really allows a sentiment to shine.

I Thank My Lucky Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9I used a pretty sentiment from WPlus9's Lucky Stars set on my card.  Before stamping the sentiment in navy pigment ink and heat embossing it with clear powder for a glossy look, I created a watercolor looking background for the text.  To make the background, I pressed several colors of distress oxides on a large clear block and spritzed them with water for a blended look before pressing a panel of watercolor paper on top of the watery inks.  So pretty!  I accented the text with crystal clear confetti pieces in different sizes.  They look like stars to me, so they're a nice match for the sentiment.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating purple card base.

Be sure to stop by the CAS Colours & Sketches blog for all the details on the challenge and more inspiration! I've really enjoyed my opportunity to play along with this month's challenges with the talented team.

Materials Used:
Lucky Stars stamp set (WPlus9); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Faded Jeans, Broken China, and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); Amethyst Allure cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Clear embossing powder (Recollections); crystal clear confetti (Pretty Pink Posh)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Lori! The ethereal feel is so soft and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful watercolor background, Lori! Love the soft colors you used. Thanks for guest designing at CAS Colours & Sketches in May. We are so lucky to have you. Hugs, Wei x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips