Monday, May 27, 2019

Cheers to You

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used MFT dies and some fun patterned paper with coordinating cardstock to put this one together. 

Cheers to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I covered the bottom of a white card base with a piece of patterned paper from my collection of 12x12 papers that I'm slowly working my way through, then found coordinating solid cardstock pieces to go with it.  After cutting the bottom edges of those solid papers with a die from the Stitched Basic Edges die set and layering the two pieces, I used foam tape to adhere the angled pieces to the cardfront, leaving the pattern at the bottom exposed.  I didn't have a die in the shape of the sentiment panel shown in the layout, so I did some creative die cutting with the same die I used for the angled panels to come up with my large white panel.  For the sentiment, I die cut "cheers" from berry cardstock and craft foam.  The pieces were layered, then adhered to the white panel.  I finished the sentiment by stamping "to you" using stamps from the Happy Everything stamp set.  A trio of gold glitter enamel dots arranged around the text completed the design.

Materials Used:
Happy Everything stamp set, Cheers and Stitched Basic Edges dies (My Favorite Things); Flamingo ink (Reverse Confetti); Limeade Ice and Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Play-Sling Shot designer paper (American Crafts); gold glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips