Sunday, May 19, 2019

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  A mix of snowflake shaped buttons helped me to put this one together in just a few minutes.  I used glue dots to position the flakes around the red card base. It's hard to see in the photo, but some are glittery and some are plain white, which adds some interest to the simple design.  For the sentiment, I stamped "happy holidays" from the Birdie Brown Greetings Galore stamp set in white pigment ink on a gray Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut, then heat embossed the text so it would pop against the dark background.  The embossed piece was added to the cardfront using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Birdie Brown Greetings Galore stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); snowflake buttons; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips