Monday, May 20, 2019

You're Special

You're Special card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper SmoochesHere's my card for the current CAS(e) this Sketch challenge.  I rotated the sketch and paired it with a pretty floral image from Paper Smooches to fit the theme of this month's PS challenge.

The flower arrangement from the Best Buds set was stamped in black pigment ink on watercolor paper, then heat embossed the image with black embossing powder.   I'm not the best watercolor-er, so the embossing helps me with staying in the lines!  I used Zig Clean Color markers and a water brush to color in the image.  Once it dried, I cut it out with the matching die from the Best Buds Icons die set.  The image was adhered to a light blue card base with foam tape.  I stamped the "you're special" sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler set in black ink on a darker blue cardstock strip, then used more foam tape to layer the text over the raised image.

Materials Used:
Best Buds and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Best Buds Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento and Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Clean Color markers (Zig); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips