Thursday, May 23, 2019

I Like How You Roll


Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (hedgehog theme and colors) to create a simple interactive card.

I Like How You Roll card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is one of the hedgehogs from the My Favorite Things Happy Hedgehogs stamp set.  I colored up the hedgehog and the tree stump image with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut to cut out the colored images.  I made a background panel for them using blue and green cardstock circles.  The stump was adhered with foam tape.  For the interactive element, I made a hole in the round panel to fit one of MFT's Spin and Slide discs.  The disc was glued to the back of the image, then the disc was fit into the opening.  I flipped the round panel over and adhered a cardstock circle to the back of the disc.  This holds the image securely in place while allowing the image to spin around--and around! 

Once the image panel was complete, I assembled the card base.  The kraft cardfront was mostly covered with a green gingham panel with a narrow strip of dark brown cardstock at the top.  I used the same brown cardstock for the sentiment strip, cut with one of the Slanted Sentiment Strips dies.  The "I like how you roll" sentiment was stamped on the strip in white pigment ink, then heat embossed in white.  I adhered it to the bottom left side of the panel, then added the image panel at the top of the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Happy Hedgehogs stamp set, Sour Apple and Sno Cone cardstock, Slanted Sentiment Strips dies, Spin and Slide disc element (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips