Friday, June 7, 2019

Best Dad Ever

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used the layout from Charlet's design as my inspiration for this Father's Day themed card.

Best Dad Ever card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I saw the wide fishtail flag strip as a prize ribbon.  On my version, I dressed it  up with a gold trophy image, stamped with an image from Lawn Fawn's Best Pun Ever set and cut out with the matching die.  I used foam tape to adhere the trophy to a dark blue circle, then used more foam tape to adhere the round panel to the top of a wide red fishtail flag trip.  I tucked a pair of gold glitter tape strips beneath the raised panel to create a smaller version of a prize ribbon.  I wouldn't usually use glitter on a masculine design, but I think it works okay here.  The dressed up fishtail flag strip was positioned on the left side of a panel of star patterned paper using more foam tape.  I used a combination of words from the set to stamp "best dad ever" on a golden yellow cardstock strip.  The strip was placed over the bottom of the fishtail flag strip and anchored with yet more foam tape. I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating golden yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Best Pun Ever stamp set, Best Pun Ever dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Riding Hood Red and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (K & Company); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); gold glitter tape (American Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips