Saturday, June 8, 2019

Have a Relaxing Day

Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I made a summery card using a new stamp set from Lawn Fawn.

Have a Relaxing Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
For the focal image panel, I made a scene using the bear, towel, and umbrella from the On the Beach stamp set. After coloring the images with Copic markers and cutting them out with my Scan 'n Cut, I used foam tape to adhere the images to a light blue panel with "sand" made from torn strips of kraft cardstock along the bottom.  The panel was matted on yellow cardstock, then layered over a slightly longer and narrower strip of orange cardstock.  I adhered the image panel to a blue card base, then stamped the set's "have a relaxing day" sentiment beneath it.

Materials Used:
On the Beach stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sno Cone, Orange Fizz, and Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Yep...sweet...summery and oh so adorable! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun summer scene, Lori! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card! I just love that beach scene! So sweet and your colouring is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sun-bathing bear is just adorable and this is such a clever way to use the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips