Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunny Smiles

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I couldn't resist purchasing some Hello Bluebird sets during their recent summer sale and as soon as the stamps arrived, I inked up some images from the Hippos on Holiday set for this card.

Sunny Smiles card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Hello Bluebird
The hippo and beach ball were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I made a beachy background to go with the images from a light blue cardstock panel with a strip of torn kraft cardstock "sand" along the bottom.  I tucked a narrow strip of torn white vellum underneath the top edge of the torn kraft to add a little depth to the background before placing the images on top using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "sending you sunny smiles" sentiment was stamped to the right of the images in purple ink to coordinate with the images.  After matting the image panel with purple cardstock, I adhered it to the bottom of a blue card base.

Materials Used:
Hippos on Holiday stamp set (Hello Bluebird); Memento Tuxedo Black and Grape Jelly inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Winter Wisteria and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white vellum (The Paper Company); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this hippo is adorable! Love your coloring. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet little beach scene you've created with this adorable hippo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips